Saturday 4 May 2013

goddess image ideas

So I have attemped to create a pattern on the forehead that is similar to the goddess image that i've found:


I attempted to make a stencil because i want the pattern to be perfect


!!!!!COMPLETE ABSOLUTE TOTAL FAILURE!!!!

I attempted it free hand:


I was quite happy with this but wished it could be more even, the centre of the design is easy however the swirls prove to be really difficult and i'm not totally sure I like it. I did this using my purple supra colour. I wanted to add some powder and shading over the top:




unfortunately the pattern sort of went "gunky" and smudgy and got totally ruined!! So I removed this total mess. I reapplied the eyeshadow and I went over the top with the purple this time.



 I do like it but still think that something isn't quite right. I removed this and tried a different technique and product. This time I used masking tape to try and get an even pattern:


I am very very happy with the centre of the design but am still struggling to get the swirls equal on either side. I continued to add the colour and then some highlights with the silver Illamasqua liquid metal:




I love it! However, i still feel like it's too obvious. I want the words murky and glistening to still apply and i think that this pattern is perhaps too strong, maybe it will look better without black. It could look more like a tattoo or henna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment